The history of FME
The High School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (VŠSE) started out as a branch of Czech Technical University in Prague
VŠSE became an independent faculty with its own management. A dean's office was established for the administration of the High School.
VŠSE became an independent high school. It was headed by a rector and a high school board. The dean's office was changed to a rector's office (rectorate).
The first graduation ceremony for VŠSE graduates in Pilsen.
Division into the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and the Faculty of Electrical Engineering. This happened by Government Decree No. 120/1960 Coll. Prof. Ing. J.Bukovský, D.C.Ae became the first Dean.
Laying the foundation stone of the VŠSE building in the "Green Triangle" of the University campus in Bory.
The establishment of the University of West Bohemia with its seat in Pilsen was enshrined by law.
The first departments of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering moved to the new University campus in Bory, Pilsen.
Launch of the RTI Research Centre - Regional Technological Institute.
The new generation "Kraken" milling head was awarded the gold medal at the International Engineering Fair in Brno for innovation in mechanical engineering.
Won the award School Recommended by Employers - 3rd in the national evaluation and 1st in Bohemia.
Awarded HR Excellence in Research
How did the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering start?
The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering was established in 1949 to teach technology in Pilsen. This was necessary to help develop the Škoda plants. Together with the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, they laid the foundations for the establishment of the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, which was established by merging with the Faculty of Education in 1991. It is one of the oldest faculties at the University. It is located on the new University campus, which opened in 1992 in Bory, Pilsen.